New York City/Miami, Aug 6 (EFE).- Meta’s Mark Zuckerberg said Sunday he was “ready today” to fight X’s Elon Musk, but was waiting for his confirmation.
In June, the two billionaires agreed to a fight through a series of posts on their respective social media platforms, with Musk even going so far as to suggest the fight could take place in Las Vegas or at the Colosseum in Rome.
“I’m up for a cage match if he is lol,” Musk wrote on June 20, with Zuckerberg responding: “Send me location.”
However, it was never clear if the opponents were serious.
On Sunday, Musk wrote on X that he was “lifting weights throughout the day, preparing for the fight. Don’t have time to work out, so I just bring them to work.”
Zuckerberg replied on Threads, saying “I’m ready today.”
“I suggested Aug 26 when he first challenged, but he hasn’t confirmed. Not holding my breath,” he added.
Earlier, Musk also announced the fight would be livestreamed on X, with the proceeds going to “charity for veterans.”
X Chief Executive Officer Linda Yaccarino said Sunday that she would clear her calendar for the fight.
Musk, 52, has trained with Lex Fridman, a Russian-American computer scientist passionate about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), and with George St-Pierre, widely regarded as the greatest fighter in mixed martial arts history.
Zuckerberg, 39, has won BJJ fights and recently shared on his networks that he has installed an octagon ring in his backyard. EFE