Moscow (EFE).- President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, warned his United States counterpart, Donald Trump, of his intention to revise his stance and some agreements reached in the previous stage of negotiations on Ukraine following an attack by Kyiv on one of Putin’s residences, the Kremlin reported on Monday, something Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy denied.
Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov had previously accused Kyiv of attacking Putin’s residence in the Novgorod region with 91 drones on the night of Dec. 28–29.
According to Yuri Ushakov, an advisor on international policy to the Russian presidency who spoke with the press, Trump was “outraged” by the attack and said he could not imagine Kyiv taking such a “reckless” action.
Ushakov stated that Putin drew Trump’s attention to the fact that the Kyiv regime launched a large-scale, long-range drone attack against the Russian presidential residence in the Novgorod region almost immediately after the successful Mar-a-Lago negotiations.
The Kremlin chief stated that these “terrorist” actions would not go unanswered by Moscow.
Meanwhile, the American side highlighted that the aforementioned would also influence their approaches in working with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
Ushakov confirmed that the telephone conversation with Trump, the second between the two leaders in 24 hours, was “friendly” and that both parties intend to continue their dialogue.
However, Zelenskyy disagreed, accusing Russia of lying about the existence of a Ukrainian attack against the residence of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“The Russians have now invented an obviously false story about an attack on the residence of their dictator to justify continuing their attacks on Ukraine,” Zelenskyy said on his Telegram account about Lavrov’s statements.
The Ukrainian president noted that the Russian foreign minister’s statements constitute “dangerous assertions” intended to “undermine the progress” made by Ukraine and the US’ negotiating teams to achieve peace in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict.EFE
mos/dgp