Tehran, Jan 30 (EFE).- Iran’s army warned Friday that **United States military bases and aircraft carriers in the Middle East are “within the range” of its missiles and drones and vowed to respond “instantly” to any U.S. aggression, in comments that underscore rising regional tensions.
Brigadier General Mohammad Akraminia, the Iranian army spokesman, said on state television that the “scope of war will certainly extend across the entire region,” and that from Israel to countries hosting U.S. military bases, all would be within the range of Iranian missiles and drones.
“We can target American bases with semi-heavy weapons, drones and missiles,” Akraminia said. “These aircraft carriers are vulnerable to the missile and hypersonic missile capabilities of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”
He also warned that a U.S. miscalculation would not unfold as President Donald Trump might expect — “carrying out a quick operation and then, two hours later, tweeting that the operation is over.”

Akraminia suggested that Tehran’s forces are now better prepared than in a previous confrontation last year — a reference to the short June conflict — and said the army’s readiness had improved.
The Iranian threats come as the U.S. Navy’s aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and its strike group are deployed in the region amid U.S. warnings that military action could be taken if Iran does not negotiate.
Trump has indicated he hopes to avoid military conflict, saying the U.S. fleet is ready but expressing a desire not to have to use it.
Iran’s stance reflects escalating tensions after months of unrest within the country and heightened rhetoric from both Tehran and Washington. Analysts say such warnings raise the risk of a broader regional confrontation. EFE
fa/lds